Don't be overwhelmed by the legal side of things. Here is our quick guide to understanding what a conveyancer does.
- Obtain sellers' responses to questions, such as who owns the boundaries, whether they have had any disputes with neighbours and what fixtures and fittings are included.
- Check copies of any guarantees on the property, details of planning permissions and building regulation certificates.
- Check the seller really is the owner of the property and prepare a Report on Title for you.
- Check local authority searches and plans for the local area.
- Pay stamp duty tax on the property.
- Arrange registration of title in your name.