It is unusual to hear from someone who didn't have a stressful time moving but being organised is the trick to minimise your stress levels during this time.
Here are some tips to make the day you move out as painless as possible:
- Ask us to recommend a professional removal firm - your belongings are precious.
- Think about moving out and in on separate days so you don’t have to squeeze everything into the same day.
- Leaving a few days before moving in will free up time to get essential work to your new home completed without needing to work around piles of boxes. It’s a great time for carpet cleaning, decorating or any DIY projects that might be dusty like sanding woodwork or floorboards, replastering etc.
- If you can, avoid moving on a Monday or Friday: they are the busiest days for moving as well as for traffic on the roads.
- Remember to take meter readings on both properties on the day(s) of the move.