Now you have found your ideal property through Connect, the following procedures will take place:
- There will be an administration charge and a referencing fee that must be paid in order to secure the property and satisfactory references to be obtained.
- Upon receipt of satisfactory references, we require the security deposit which is equal to one and a half times monthly rent, which will be protected under a government approved scheme.
- On the agreed moving-in date, we require one month's rent in advance in cleared funds (cash or bankers draft) and you would also need to fill out a standing order mandate for all future rental payments. All parties wishing to occupy the property must sign the rental agreement before keys can be released. Please note that only one standing order mandate is acceptable per property.
- It is necessary for you to contact all utility services including council tax and transfer accounts into your name.
- You will then be checked in by a member of our team who will go through the inventory with you at the property.
- After the initial fixed term of the tenancy, you will have the option to either renew the contract or give notice to vacate the property. (Two months written notice is required)
- At the end of the tenancy, we will arrange for an inventory clerk to check you out (full management tenants only), take the meter readings and collect keys. Providing there has been no damage to the property and it is in a clean and good condition, your deposit will be refunded according to your tenancy agreement.
*Please note that you must settle all outstanding utility accounts including council tax before the deposit is released.
If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team on 01293 529 993.